Become part of the SELCAT family
Schools in SELCAT will have the ability to retain autonomy. So that they will be able to still be ‘unique’ and ‘within’ the family of schools at the same time. Leaders in our schools will remain the leaders of their schools. It is not our intention to disempower good leaders in our schools but to empower them to bring even greater success to their schools and communities.
The list below highlights just some of the areas where shared governance and collaborative working could secure an improved educational experience for the schools we serve:
- Collaboration for better learning
- Teachers sharing innovative practice in teaching strategies, pedagogy, curriculum design, moderation, and resourcing.
- Staff development
- Additional opportunities for staff development, networking and quality bespoke training. Enhanced potential for recruitment and retention of excellent staff and the development of Catholic leaders.
- Financial expertise and support, greater purchasing power for contracts meaning cost savings through economies of scale. Support with income generation and capital development bids.
- Human Resources
- Sharing expertise, resources, and innovative practice throughout all aspects of the schools’ operation.
- School improvement structures
- Local ‘school-to school’ improvement is a concept that SELCAT is committed to, and we feel strongly that it is the best way to develop outstanding schools for our local communities.SELCAT will develop schools’ capacity to improve and will provide excellent learning and development opportunities for all staff.
- Governance arrangements
- Core governance services will continue to strengthen the impact of strong purposeful governance across individual schools and the MAT model will build capacity for further developments in governor accountability.
- Leadership Support
- As a Headteacher or member of the SLT you have strategic and practical support from the centre for any issue that may take your attention away from your main priorities.Be this HR, buildings, finance, infrastructure, policies, legal etc.